Medical science has grown beyond imagination. Continuous research has made it possible for various kinds of medicines to help people cure their ailments. Klonopin, the brand name of Clonazepam, is used for the prevention and cure of seizures, panic disorders, and a movement disorder called akathisia.
What is Klonopin?
It is a medication that comes under prescription drugs and is from the class of benzodiazepines. It is a highly addictive prescription drug, and great care should be taken during administration. Initially, it was used to help patients suffering from epilepsy and to control seizures. Later on, because of its calming effects, it was prescribed for patients suffering from panic attacks. Because of its addictive nature, doctors don’t prescribe klonopin for long-term use.
Certain benefits of taking Klonopin
- Decreases the feeling of anxiety, nervousness, and tension
- Has a calming effect on the person
- Improves the social life of the patient
- Improved working ability
- Quality of life is improved
All these are possible only if the person taking the drug uses it according to the doctor’s prescription.
Things you should know before taking this medicine
- Do not use this drug if you are suffering from narrow-angle-glaucoma
- If you are suffering from any kind of liver disease, this medicine should be avoided
- You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to valium or any such medicine
- Keep away from alcohol when using klonopinDo not share this medicine with others
- Never start or stop this medicine without consulting your doctor
How to use Klonopin?
It is strictly a prescription medicine, so never use it without consulting your doctor. The medicine has an addictive nature, so do not take it for longer periods, and keep it out of reach of any third person. The medicine should be swallowed whole with a full glass of water.
Get immediate medical attention.
Call the doctor immediately if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to the medicine, difficulty in breathing if you feel your face, tongue, lips, or throat are swelling up. If you feel that you are having trouble sleeping or have behavioral changes, your seizures increase, or you have severe drowsiness, all these changes need to get immediate medical attention. Klonopin is a medicine that has to be taken with extreme care and precaution. Taking this drug without medical advice will lead to many complications and also damages that may be irrevocable.